Despite refusal by rebel leaders, Russia has moved forward with it’s plan to enforce 4 safe zones in Syria. It has issued a statement that they will go into effect at midnight tonight, noting also that it will not allow US-coalition aircraft within their borders. (http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/05/russia-syria-safe-zones-closed-coalition-planes-170505072733285.html)
If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.
- npr reviews English edition of the Shahnameh
- Egypt temporarily re-opens Gaza’s Rafah crossing
- Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria
- Russia moves to enforce safe zones despite rebel opposition
- The Judicial Bodies Law threatens the independence of judiciary turning it into an arena for expanding Sisi’s powers.