If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.
- npr reviews English edition of the Shahnameh
- Egypt temporarily re-opens Gaza’s Rafah crossing
- Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria
- Russia moves to enforce safe zones despite rebel opposition
- The Judicial Bodies Law threatens the independence of judiciary turning it into an arena for expanding Sisi’s powers.
Author Archives: naltikri
Behind Stark Political Divisions, a More Complex Map of Sunnis and Shiites By SARAH ALMUKHTAR, SERGIO PEÇANHA and TIM WALLACE JAN. 5, 2016 Sunni-led allies of Saudi Arabia have cut diplomatic ties with Shiite Iran, further polarizing the Middle East along … Continue reading
http://www.midafternoonmap.com/2016/02/century-old-us-map-envisions-united.html European Territorial Claims on Turkey from Europe at Turkey’s Door, The Geographical Review, 1916 “As the French and British were hammering out the Sykes Picot agreement in the spring of 1916, an American geographer named Leon Dominan prepared a … Continue reading
Noor Microfilm Collection This is a very promising manuscript collection for Moghul history manuscripts…
Nihad Awad Disagrees with Atlantic Article n September, Nihad Awad, the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), held a press conference in Washington and, flanked by other Muslim figures, announced that 120 Muslim scholars had produced an … Continue reading