Here is a 1915 Ottoman governmental ethnic map of Syria, Lebanon, Israel/Palestine and other areas in the region. Check the posting, for analysis of the categories and significance of the map itself.
If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.
- npr reviews English edition of the Shahnameh
- Egypt temporarily re-opens Gaza’s Rafah crossing
- Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria
- Russia moves to enforce safe zones despite rebel opposition
- The Judicial Bodies Law threatens the independence of judiciary turning it into an arena for expanding Sisi’s powers.