This is a pretty good article exploring the reasons behind the Ottoman Empire’s rise to the world stage, as well as their decline to the “Sick man of Europe”, following the industrialization of the western world and the Age of Imperialism.
If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.
- npr reviews English edition of the Shahnameh
- Egypt temporarily re-opens Gaza’s Rafah crossing
- Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria
- Russia moves to enforce safe zones despite rebel opposition
- The Judicial Bodies Law threatens the independence of judiciary turning it into an arena for expanding Sisi’s powers.