This website is a German repository of Middle East and North African primary source documents and secondary literature journals. The journals are mostly in German, but many of the primary sources are in English — including one that I found about “Asiatic Turkey” (i.e. Anatolian Ottoman Empire) in 1896, alleging forced conversions of Armenians to Islam. Give this website a look if you want your paper to be about 19th-20th history — some of the primary sources look quite useful.
If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.
- npr reviews English edition of the Shahnameh
- Egypt temporarily re-opens Gaza’s Rafah crossing
- Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria
- Russia moves to enforce safe zones despite rebel opposition
- The Judicial Bodies Law threatens the independence of judiciary turning it into an arena for expanding Sisi’s powers.